Hindi Movies

Had an Awesome or Awful experience at the Movie Theatre?? Please share your reviews with the group!!
Forum rules
READ: Board-Wide Rules and Regulations.
Please post here if you have any Suggestions, Feedback or Complaints.
Gituli
Traveller

Barfi, 4/5

Postby Gituli » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:51 am

Generally I am not a big fan of Ranbir Kapoor......watched Barfi almost after a week of its release on nudges from Situ.....
Well, must say I am impressed....
For the first time Priyanka Chopra isnt doing Over-Acting......and justifies her character very nicely & sweetly in the movie :)
Ranbir Kapoor and others have also contributed very nicely.....Anurag Basu's awesome direction has very brilliantly brought out a lot of colours & puts Darjeeling back on my tour-list :):)

Some scenes in the first half seem inspired from "Notebook" & a few look like burrowed from earlier silent movies!!
Barring these few irritants, the movie sails very nicely.....
It may not win the oscar, but it certainly is a movie worth adding to your personal collection :)

4 Stars from myside to the awesome acting, direction & the beautiful destination ofcourse :)
...It's All In the Mind...

Mari
Fresher

Re: Hindi Movies

Postby Mari » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:00 am

:) i agree with u, but i loved the movie more than you maybe ;)

iAspire

Re: Hindi Movies

Postby iAspire » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:49 am

I think Barfi is definitely a pleasant break from the typical crap that bollywood has been coming up these days. A brilliant movie with none of the routine bollywood benchmarks - crass item songs, lame dialogues and over dramatized scenes.

It has got an original story but the story telling which matters the most is almost copied. Every now and then i got this feeling like "Hey ... this scene is from that XXX movie". :doh:
Ranbir and priyanka did a great justice to their roles :clap: but the director seemed less bothered to make any efforts. :?

Pal
Fresher

Re: Barfi, 4/5

Postby Pal » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Oyy hoyy !! tour-list !! Leg burn group :shifty:

Right direction results in good movie. Same goes here. Basu's film has made to touch several hearts and ears. 4 from my side too
Yeah I was also recalling The notebook, while watching Barfi . Still this is a nice Movie

Lamp post fell on bottle ! :lol:

Soumya
Fresher

"OMG ! oh my god" ....3.9/5

Postby Soumya » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:51 pm

After acting in so many valueless and conceptless movies :( ,Akhsay atlast acted in a movie which really should be valued ;) .Though he is not the main charecter ,but he has taken a role of God vishnu around whom the whole movie is revolving around.and what to say about paresh rawal he is just amazing in this movie.I still feel there are only few people in industry who can play comedy,serious and vilian role, among them paresh rawal is ultimate . :clap: .

I just want to say great job by Bhavesh Mandalia & Umesh Shukla, the writters and the directors of the movie. :)

Its a must watch movie not for only youngsters for people of all ages .
In our society people believe so much in " Give & Take"( in movie dialogue its "Exchange offer"),that they feel even God also like the trend and want it in that way.Yes thats true God likes the trend but only slight modification like "Give to poor and needy & Take the bleesings from me". 8-)

I just want to add a point may be this will be copied by the director for "OMG !oh my god" sequel :P ;) .
jokes apart the point is "in our society from every one i heard there are 4 stages of life 1.child stage 2.Youth stage 3.family man stage 4.Old stage .
And every one says the best stage of life when you can connect to god is old stage.In this stage you can completely dedicate yourself in devotion and u will get mokhsa or u will get Swarga loka after death.But is it valid????if you have 90 years of life and spend only 20 years of ur life in God's devotion that too that is only screaming "hare rama hare krushna",is it enough?? then y not god have given only 20 years to u??

So what i feel like from the Childhood people should be tought for serving people not going temple , doing fasting and all.
The best part is teach a child to feed a poor or needy,give some cloth to them instead of telling them to do "namah namah" infront of God ." :D :) ;)

Sorry if some body feel something bad about it.Thats in My opinion. :)

BopRoonorY

Hindi Movies

Postby BopRoonorY » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:53 pm

Unglorious bastardsTombstoneSpiderman 2 Raimis trilogyReservoir dogsPulp ficitonThe way of the dragonMatrixPlatoonEraserhead this is one of those movies i didnt like at the beginningThe good, The bad and The ugly.

Return to “Movie Reviews”