Hindi Movies

Had an Awesome or Awful experience at the Movie Theatre?? Please share your reviews with the group!!
Forum rules
READ: Board-Wide Rules and Regulations.
Please post here if you have any Suggestions, Feedback or Complaints.
Gituli
Traveller

Chillar Party, 3.5/5

Postby Gituli » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:23 pm

I know this review is coming very late...
Somehow I hadn't watched this movie till last week...

When I watched the movie, I was like....Shit!! how on earth did I miss on such a movie :)
Well, I have added it to my list of "must-watch" movies....

Great acting by the kids, nice concept.
The flow of the movie is very smooth & hits all the right spots it can :)
3.5 stars from my side :) :)
...It's All In the Mind...

Gituli
Traveller

My Friend Pinto, 2/5

Postby Gituli » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Had never seen any of Pratiek Babbar s movie (as a lead)....So thought of going to the movie ....
Well I must say, m impressed :)

Lot of big names: Starting from Pratiek to Kalki to Divya Dutta....
The most interesting role was of the "Mallu Don"...Makrand Deshpande it seems...

The movie has a see-smile-forget kinda feel....Setting aside the acting skills,
the movie lacks a proper story line....is kinda senseless and let me clear this, it is NOT a comedy...

The songs are nice, but how does an ignorant, simple hero break into an accomplished dancer n singer is beyond me...

Summing up, I would say it is one-time-watch movie & I wont mind NOT-seeing it...2 stars from me..

Gituli
Traveller

The Dirty Picture, 3.5/5

Postby Gituli » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:16 am

The Dirty Picture.......gets a lil (not much) dirty, true to its name :P
But hats-off to Vidya Balan.....Her performance, acting, attitude is the sole selliing point of the movie......
It makes me think about the bold actress on whose life the movie is based....Takes real courage...

Coming back to the movie.....Cannot be watched with family....But certainly a must-watch movie.....Specially for our hypocrite-Society...
Summing up 3.5 stars from myside...n all of them go to Vidya Balan :)

Gituli
Traveller

Don 2, 2/5

Postby Gituli » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:04 am

First of all let me clear up for all the fans........Shahrukh Khan's stylist has done a good job with him...
New looks, Entry, Stunts, Plans, Ending...everything is simply cool... must say :)

But somehow it was long 3 hours till the movie's end.....I dont know what went wrong...was it the unending sequence of plans n twists getting executed without fail till the end.....or was it the suddenly ignited spark of romance in the movie...or was it the same old songs....I dunno....baat kuch bani hi nahi .....I didnt enjoy it much......

Only 2 stars from me...for the king Khan

Mari
Fresher

mujhse fraandship karoge, 4/5

Postby Mari » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:03 am

well, i saw this movie on TV(sony) last sunday and havent seen "a-teenage-love-story" in a long time, and i so loved it and even enjoyed it, bollywood seldom makes movies portraying teenage infactuation-love, or just plain love, where there is no "commitments" hehe, guess i hv become old :P but a nice movie, a one time watch... and the story is not at all slow, very fast paced movie... so do watch it :)

Mari
Fresher

Ek main aur ek tu

Postby Mari » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:22 pm

ok, a very very slow movie, right from the first scene ;) but the end was nice, though not the way i wanted it to end :) but i loved the movie for its end :) imran khan has done great acting.. and i guess they have left the end to the audience, and i know what its going to be even if they dont show it ;) guess i am a useless romantic optimist :) but yes i liked d movie.. a one time watch for the weirdness of the movie :)

Gituli
Traveller

Jodi Breakers, 2.5/5

Postby Gituli » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:11 am

Well, the direction sucks...to top that Bipasa Basu is certainly not at her best....
and the story follows a very predictable line of plot...

The good things now.... I liked 2 things in the movie....
The small friend-circle :)
and Its nice to see Helen back on screen :)

Well, its a one-time-watch movie......2.5 stars from myside...

Mari
Fresher

Kahaani, 5.5/5

Postby Mari » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:49 pm

wow, after such a long time, saw a simply superb movie, a great thriller, totally gripping movie from the start till the end, a very happy and realistic end.... a perfect movie in its entire sense..... i am so happy with the movie.... hats off to everyone who made the movie it is..

please do watch.. these movies are not made that often in bollywood....
and yes the movie was so touching too, and i think the best thing i loved abt the movie was that it was very human, and i could relate to it...

wow, i have no words, just the movie going on in front of my eyes, makes me like wow!!!! superb movie !!!!

Soumya
Fresher

Re: Hindi Movies

Postby Soumya » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:11 pm

KAHAANI....4.5/5

Another good movie by Bidya...uppsss sorry "VIDYA BALAN"...yes thats right {this is the correction she was doing everytime in movie ..its not B its V ;) ).Through out the movie till the end there is suspence .and people believe me when u will be watching this movie at the point when u will be thinking ok i got the point here and u feel like stable there it self u will be finding a twist :o .So its quite intresting and offcourse there is sweetness of bengoli bhasa in this movie which reflected quite often. :)

And the last but not the least ...."The ending Lines which are said by AMITABH BACHAN"..is like added a great ending to the movie.which really means a lot. :)

Gituli
Traveller

Vicky Donor, 3/5

Postby Gituli » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Nice light hearted movie handling too many concepts at a time, all too very gracefully.....Starting from sperm donation to divorcee remarriage to interstate-interculture marriage...Punjab vs West Bengal....
Nice work by Ayushman......some good songs to go & we are looking at a nice entertaining setup:).....
Somehow touching so many topics makes it a bit of superficial... but on the other hand...one thing nice about the movie is the comedy is sensible......That really raises the platform.... 3 stars from me for the entire package....

Return to “Movie Reviews”